Wednesday, May 9, 2012

The Breakfast Files: Vol. 1



I know you’ve heard it a billion times, but breakfast REALLY IS the most important meal of your day. Don’t be like me in my first few years at my job and only drink coffee. It leaves you grumpy and your stomach screaming by noon. Be nice to yourself, have an actual breakfast. Whether you want to believe it or not, you will be happier, healthier, more energetic and more productive if you just take a few minutes to make yourself a proper breakfast. Here is one of my more recent work day breakfast ideas. Enjoy!




Tropical Oatmeal (for the days that you wish you were on an island rather than work)

½ cup of Oats (surprise, surprise, I get mine at Trader Joes)
¼ of a fresh Mango, peeled and sliced
½ banana
¼ of a red apple
a small sprinkle of sugar---if you must (and I do.)
a couple tablespoons of milk

Microwave your oats according to the package. While that’s cooking, cut your fruits (if you need help cutting your mango, go here). Add fruit to cooked oatmeal. Eat it. Be happy, healthy, and productive.  

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment