Monday, March 12, 2012

Probably the EASIEST Soup Recipe Ever

I just had a really rad lunch that I think you'd like to hear about. 


Recently, I’ve been on a quest for low calorie, good tasting, filling meals, that don’t contain “low-calorie” ingredients (ie. saccharin, aspartame, etc.). Well, it turns out they really do exist! This recipe was insanely simple and it’s been an hour and a half since I ate it and I’m still full. This was super easy and best part was that I didn’t have to cook anything, I threw it all in a Tupperware container, brought it to work and heated in the microwave. Dunzo.


Salsa Shrimp Soup
1/3 cup of Trader Joes Creamy Tomato Soup
1/4 cup of Trader Joes Mild Salsa
about 15 Frozen Fully Cooked Medium Shrimp
½ an avocado, diced

Add these all to a Tupperware Container, then heat in the Microwave on high for approximately 1:30-2 mins. (Note: I mixed everything the night before I heated it in the microwave which gave the shrimp plenty of time to defrost, if you are heating this straight from frozen, you’ll probably need to add some cook time)

This recipe makes one serving that comes out to roughly 200 calories (most of which come from the avocado--which provide your body with the "good" fat that it needs daily).  

Sorry I don’t have a picture, it was so thrown together that I didn’t imagine it would be good enough to blog about—I’ll try to add a pic later.  3/19/12 Update: I had this for lunch again today and was able to snap a quick pic before devouring. Enjoy!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment